Last modified [ May 17, 2023]
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of “personally identifiable information” includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, including but not limited to your name, username, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and payment information.. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website.
In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card number and expiration date when registering with our Website, opening an account , placing an order or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about yourself (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey, poll or joining a club; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Website. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
(2) Non-Personal Information: Our definition of “non-personal information” is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include but is not limited to: personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using, the third-party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using, the name of your Internet service provider, the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
- HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
(2) Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our business affiliates and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that such information is anonymous and does not personally identify you.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Corporate Headquarters, Rolling Greens Nursery, Inc.,
5340 Harbor St., Commerce, CA 90040 or by email at: email@example.com.
SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the transmission of nonpublic personally identifiable financial and transaction information over the Internet. We also utilize additional security devices such as firewalls, security patches, and anti-virus programs, to protect nonpublic personally identifiable information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your "personally identifiable information" (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time, we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
OTHER USES & INFORMATION
(3) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you emails unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, you can agree to receive some communications but not others. You may "opt out" of receiving future commercial email communications from us by following the instructions at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
(4) SMS/MMS Mobile Messaging Marketing Program: We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information and you consent to receiving responses via e-mail and/or SMS/text messages from us. You also agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in our sole discretion, we believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, we may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
(5) Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not support or respond to DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
(6) Transfer of Assets: We may share your information with our Affiliated Companies, in which case we will require them to honor this policy. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
(7) Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor or disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; (d) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties; (e) in an emergency, protect the health and safety of our Website's users or the general public; or (f) enforce compliance with our Website rules.
(8) Your California Privacy Rights:
Residents of California, have certain rights, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) including:
- Right to Access Your Data. You may be entitled to receive specific pieces of personal information we have collected in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to Know. In addition to the data we collected, you have the right to know the sources from which we collected the Personal Information, the purposes for which we collected and shared Personal Information, the types of Personal Information that we sold (if we did so) and the categories of third-parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, and the types of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to Deletion. You may also be entitled to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. We may be allowed to keep certain information for our legitimate business purposes or as required to comply with applicable law.
You have the right to freely exercise these rights without fear of being denied goods or services.
If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from the consumer who is between 13 and 15 years old.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at the email address below. The law requires us to verify the requests we receive from you when you exercise certain rights listed above. We (or third parties we engage to assist us) may ask you to provide certain information to us in order for us to verify your request, including your name, email address, username, physical address, date of birth and phone number (the “Verification Information”). This Verification Information will be used to verify your identity. If you fail the identity verification you will be asked to verify your identity by submitting a copy of state-issued ID and a photograph of yourself. We will not act upon a request if we believe it is fraudulent.
You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you have provided an authorized agent with a power of attorney pursuant to California law, we will work directly with your authorized agent to complete your request.
Additionally, pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who share personal information with us have the right to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. If you would like to exercise this right, please use the contact information listed below to contact us.
Employees. This California Privacy Notice is not intended and does not apply to Personal Information we collect about our employees, applicants for employment, or contractors in the employment context.
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third-party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website, and to read the privacy statements of all third-party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
CONTACT AND OPT-OUT INFORMATION